We all know how much Mother Nature can attempt to affect our lives during the winter months — freezing rain, sleet and snow — not to mention frigidly cold temperatures. If you have your home on the market now, here are some tips from us to keep your dress up your curb appeal during the winter season:
- Safety! The last thing you want is for potential buyers to slip and fall before they even make it to the front door. Make sure all driveways, sidewalks and walkways leading to all doors are free and clear or snow and ice.
- Keep your lawn looking neat. While you may not have to necessarily mow it and trim the shrubs back during winter, make sure leaves are raked up and always check for, and clean out blowing debris.
- Free and clear gutters. Leaves and other debris can build up in your gutters. Make sure you clean them before listing your home so potential buyers know (and can see) that you’ve kept up on your home maintenance.
- A fresh coat of paint. Trees are bare during winter months after their leaves fall – leaving potential buyers to have an even fuller view of your home exterior. Think about sprucing up shutters, doors, or the entire exterior.
- Maintain exterior lighting. During the winter season, we experience shorter amount of daylight hours, so well-placed and maintained exterior light will not only serve a functional purpose, but can beautify the outside of your home as well.
If you already have, or are considering putting your home on the market during winter, these tips will help you stand out from the pack and showcase your property as it was meant to be shown.