As Spring is traditionally the busiest time of the year in terms of the real estate market, our agents and brokers here at American Dream Realty put together a few thoughts for you if you’re ready to put your home on the market. Competition for buyers is fierce this season so you’ll want to take these few extra steps to heart as only a few more weeks remain of winter:
- Begin packing non-essential items. While it’s difficult to predict how long your home may be on the market, getting a jump start on packing up items in your garage, basement and attic will de-clutter your space and leave you less to do wen it is time to move.
- Chuck the clutter. Neatly store away any paperwork from your home office, unread magazines, bills, and old books taking up room on dusty shelves. Remove any items that you would normally place on your kitchen sink and additionally store family photos.
- Make small home improvements. Taking tiny steps such as re-caulking and grouting your bathrooms, replacing or cleaning interior and exterior lighting, and touching up any paint trim will serve to show your home better to potential buyers.
- Plan for landscaping. While conditions aren’t yet ideal to begin planting just yet, having a simple plan will save you time and stress for a quick spruce up when Mother Nature finally decides to cooperate.
- Call us at American Dream. Our agents will want to have an initial discussion with you and put together a plan for getting your home sold. Our deep knowledge of the local market will get you and a better outcome, and the sooner, you reach out, the sooner we can be prepared.
The next few weeks will undoubtedly fly by, so let us help you get a head start on the Spring season!