South Jersey has long been considered by outsiders to be the ‘ugly stepchild’ of its northern counterpart. Unbeknownst to these outsiders, south Jerseyans like it that way – more space, smaller crowds and less waste. You wonder how New Jersey gained it’s Garden State moniker – because of the expansive farmland still maintained in portions of south Jersey that we serve – Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem Counties.
But the southern half of the third state is also home to some of the best kept secrets (and not so secretive) reasons you should consider moving here. Take a look at this short list we put together is you’re on the fence whether or not to make south Jersey your home.
- An embarrassment of riches in bodies of water. Eventually, believe it or not, summer will show its face again, and soon. You will want to cool of somehow and a short drive will find you rivers, streams and lakes aplenty. The ocean’s white sandy beaches and more child-friendly bay areas can also be found in your back yard.
- You can get a meal (and a good one) at 2 a.m. South Jersey is dotted with some of the best diners in the state – open 24/7.
- (Easy) accessibility to a plethora of professional sports teams. Are you a football, basketball, baseball, hockey or soccer fan? Opportunities abound for major and minor league fandom – all within an hour drive of home.
- Fancy yourself a cowboy or cowgirl? We have our very own rodeo! For nearly 100 years, the Cowtown Rodeo has been running strong — the longest such streak in the U.S. Grab your hats and boots and head over for a honky tonk good time!
- We’ve been doing ‘Farm to Table’ for centuries. While big-city restaurants may be using the tagline as a newer concept, we’ve been planting, harvesting and enjoying our own homegrown food for as long as we can remember.
- Entertainment & nightlife in all forms. South Jersey is located smack dab between entertainment capitals Philadelphia and Atlantic City. Concerts, five-star eateries and posh lounges are at your fingertips.
What is there not to love about south Jersey – and these are just a small number of examples. When you’re ready to move here – give us a call and we’ll find your dream home in this dream location!