Spring is by far the busiest time of the year in the real estate market for many reasons. If you’re a buyer right now, you encourage you to pay attention to these tips from us here at American Dream Realty to keep you ahead of the curve in what is shaping up to be a very competitive season.
- If you have been looking throughout what had been a horrible winter, weather-wise, don’t get frustrated. More and more listings are coming on the market everyday.
- That said, there will be more competition on the home you want. What we call “vanity buyers” – people who don’t necessarily have to move, but want to upgrade their living conditions, always appear to come out of the woodwork during the spring season.
- Buyers should expect to pay higher prices than last year. If a buyer doesn’t go into this market with that belief, they could lose out. Additionally, buyers may want to go the route of purchasing something unrenovated to get the best possible deal.
- Track and follow homes in up-and-coming neighborhoods. Watch what types of businesses begin to open up in certain neighborhoods if there are specific towns you are targeting. If these were previously slow markets, investing in these areas just before they begin to boom with pay dividends for buyers.
- Make sure you’re ready to submit an offer on the spot. Have your financing and additional paperwork ready. Because of the additional competition, time is of the essence – and more than ever.
If you’re ready to purchase a new home this spring, call or come see us now. We wouldn’t want you to miss out on your dream home because you weren’t ready when it hit the market.