While we are experts in the areas of residential and commercial real estate here in South Jersey, did you know we also have a bevy of knowledge about the local rental market? Renting, as we have experienced, is an entirely different animal with a slew of different issues. However, just as if you were in the market to purchase a home, we want to offer some tips in how you can find the ideal rental property for you or your family.
Before we start, here are our current rental listings across South Jersey.
In order to hone your rental search strategy, here are a few items to pay attention to:
- Know your exact budget range
- Know your credit score
- What are the property/community amenities you’re seeking?
- If you’re going to see a few potential rentals in a day, have a plan of attack
- Are you seeking a single-family home/apartment/condo or townhome to rent?
- Be aware of all steps of an application and approval process
These may seem simple, but knowing what you can pay and the type of rental you want to be in will save a lot of wasted time and energy. Just as if you were on the hunt to purchase a home, you need to have your ducks in a row when it’s time to shop for a rental.
Our expert agents here at American Dream can help you get the ball rolling. Just give us a call – we’d be glad to help.