As the thermometer is on the uptick, so is the real estate market. This includes your commercial property you are considering listing. Coming into spring, competition can be fierce, so we believe staging your business or office building for sale will paint it (literally) in the best light and you’ll be receiving offers sooner than had you not taken the time to stage it.
When investing your time to stage your commercial property, we ask you consider these items:
- Repair any cracks in sidewalks and driveways around the property.
- Power wash external building surfaces
- Have windows and external-facing glass surfaces professionally cleaned.
- Spruce up and trim back shrubbery and landscaping, and make sure lawn in mowed.
- Paint any lobby or common areas.
- Make sure any communal furniture is clean and dust-free.
- Enlist a professional cleaning company to tackle the office or business interior – paying special attention to the rest rooms.
- Inspect and replace any damaged ceiling tiles.
- Clean, organize and freshen up any closets, boiler rooms or mechanical areas. Commercial buyers always pay close attention to the cleanliness of these areas, believing if these areas of the building are well-maintained, the reminder of the property should be as well.
Just as in residential staging, a little effort can and will go a long way – resulting in a quicker offer and close for business and commercial owners listing their properties for sale this spring.